Rusted Root - 2017 Modern Era Legend Nominee
• Major headline act that still plays 100+ shows annually across North America. Formed in Pittsburgh by singer/
guitarist Michael Glabicki in the early ‘90s, Rusted Root sold more than three million albums worldwide, and is
noted for its polyrhythmic world roots music and jam rock.
• Latest studio album, “The Movement” was released in 2012; currently working on a new studio release.
Have issued eight studio albums and three EPs.
• “Send Me on My Way” from the platinum-selling album “When I Woke,” reached #72 on the Billboard Top 100,
and was featured in Enterprise Rent-a-Car’s national marketing campaign. Also chosen by NASA engineers
as "wake-up" music for the Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity, for Sol 21.
• Performed at many festivals including Bonnaroo, Summerfest, 10,000 Lakes, Rochester International
Jazz Festival, Hedgpeth Festival and others.
• Has toured with Toad the Wet Sprocket, Santana, The Grateful Dead, Dave Matthews Band, The Allman Brothers,
Jimmy Page/Robert Plant reunion tour and many more.
• Some film/TV soundtrack credits include “New Girl,” “Twister,” “Mathilda,” “Home for the Holidays,”
“Party of Five,” “Charmed,” “Homicide and “Ice Age.”
Pictured left to right and NOMINATED GROUP MEMERS: Jim Donovan, Jenn Wertz, Michael Glabicki, Patrick Norman, John Buynak, Liz Berlin and Jim DiSpirito (ForWhen I Woke and Remember albums)
NOTE: We’ve made every effort to provide accurate information about each nominee, but apologize if there are any inaccuracies or inconsistencies. Biography information provided courtesy of the artists, Pittsburgh Music History website, Wikipedia and the artists’ websites.